Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Night: Mixtress in the Kitchen :)

Well, I've taken down my twist.  They were frizzy and besides, I have a hot date this weekend and I needed a new "do."  I did decide that my next "kinky twist" would be shorter.  I didn't do alot of styles because they were too heavy on my hair; because of this my hair seem strained.  But anyhow...

I did my usual thing:

1) Hot oil treatment
2) "Shampoo" with Shea Moisture African Black Soap
     **I did notice that I used too much soap and my hair felt kind of stripped.  I made a mental note
      not to use as much of the soap now that it's just my hair.**
3) Conditioned and detangled with my Hello Hydrations (because my wonderful husband has totally taken my Tressemme Naturals)
4) And here is the fun part...While I was waiting on the hot oil treatment I mixed up the following for a deep conditioning treatment. 
    *Avocado
    *Banana
    *Garlic
    *Olive oil
    *Rosemary, Lavender, and Tea Tree Oil

There are so many different recipes out there that this part of the regimen may change a lot. Each of the following have great properties and benefits for natural hair.

Avocados - Contain vitamin B and E which help to make hair strong and promote hair growth.  Vitamin E is good for damaged scalps as it aids in repairing.  Avocados are also good for conditioning because it makes the hair soft and moisturized, therefore less prone to breakage.

Bananas - This fruit adds moisture, nourishes, lusterizes, softens, and controls dandruff. 

Garlic - Among other things, garlic helps to prevent hair loss.  Other benefits of garlic can be found here : http://www.livestrong.com/article/68956-garlic-hair-growth/

The acutally mixture on my scalp was nice.  I placed two shower caps over my hair.  I could feel a few tingles here and there.  I let the mixture stay on for about an hour.

5) Rinsed out the concotion.  ONLY to find I DID NOT rinse it out all the way! Lol major fail...it took me COMBING through my hair (which I NEVER do) AND another wash to get 95% out. :-/
The next time I will be SURE to purée both banana and avocado.

My hair felt so soft but because I had to literally jump BACK in the shower and do another wash, it pretty much stripped all of the moisture I'd put in with the DC. Total bummer! :-(

6) Anyway, after that.....I added my Tressemme Naturals as a leave in that I had to grab back from my husband! :-/

7) Sealed with olive oil, rubbed coconut oil on my scalp

8) Used Eco - Styler for set my style of the week: Perm rods! :) ONLY...that didn't really work out. I guess I needed more time and patience. And I should have googled using perm rods on 4a type hair. Nevertheless I did try a new style. I flat twisted my entire head. I took my time for lines as even as I could get them. It was 4:30am before I finished.

I also did my length check for February and there was length retained. About 1/2 an inch. I believe more because I could actually pull the top part into a ponytail. I was too tired to really experiment.

Anyway...that's my Friday night....

#werockinksncoils















No comments:

Post a Comment