Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mixtress in the Kitchen: 2/23/2013 PROTEIN TREATMENT

Hey again readers!!!
 
This post is an update about the DC I decided on this weekend for wash day.  I was totally burnt out this Friday and decided to do an overnight hot oil treatment.  I used the same oils as usual but sat under the dryer (with 3 plastic shower caps over it) for about 15 minutes.
 
I washed with my ACV, conditioner, and water mix.  (I think that this is a great clarifier by the way!)  I conditioned with a new product I decided to try: Infusium 23 Conditioner.  My mom used it on my hair when I was little.  I wanted to see how my hair would react to it in it's natural state again.  (I'll post another blog to review that product later.)
 
Now, here is, as always, the fun part -- the mixing! :)
 
I took the Infusium 23, Aloe Vera juice, grapeseed oil, mayonnaise, and tea tree oil and mixed it all together.  The mayonnaise was for protein.  I find the need to do a protein treatment at least once a month.  My scalp usually is more sore than irritated when I'm due for a protein treatment.  After today, my scalp is fine.  To be honest, I forget until my scalp gets so sore.  I probably need to set a reminder in my phone for a once a month protein treatment. 
 
Anyway....Back to the mix.  I didn't measure anything but I ended up with a very nice amount of mix left.  I've decided to use the rest on Pooh's hair.  I like the consistency of this mix; it really is as creamy as it looks. 
 
 
(The Aloe Vera Juice is inside of the Tressemme Naturals bottle that you see.  It's way easier to apply this way.)
 
 
I had no idea how amazing this was going to feel.  I let this concoction stay on my hair for approximately 45 minutes.   Before I rinsed it off, I saturated my hair more with Aloe Vera juice.  I rinsed with cool water (to close the follicles). 
 
For my leave in, I mixed some Hello Hydration Coconut Milk with a little water (just in my hands) and used that.  I then sealed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  I "plopped" my hair with a white shirt.  I let it sit on my hair for about ten minutes to soak up the excess water.  I placed my scarf on and finally got a good look at my coils.  I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased!!!!  Very, VERY excited!
 
Here's a look!
 
 
I have never seen my curls so defined after a wash.  Not to mention, my hair was super soft.  It seemed to me that I could pull my hair back further so I decided to do a comparison photo shoot.  It definitely seemed as if there were some growth.  See for yourself!
 
 
Needless to say, I was proud of the growth.  My puff is bigger or longer, however you'd describe it.  I still haven't figured out a protective style to put in my hair for the next month.  I'm thinking coils but we'll see.  Stay tuned! :) Thanks for reading!!!
 
#KINKYCOILYCOOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment