Friday, April 26, 2013

Natural Hair Benefits!

I remember the relaxed days...going to the gym and having to wrap my hair and worry about "sweating out my perm."  I remember my whole work out schedule revolving around my "relaxer appt."  See, if I'd just gotten one, that means I had a fresh curl set or roller wrap and how DARE I sweat out those $40-$55.  #aintnobodygottimefadet LOL  But I did...it was something serious!!

But last week...I rock a set of twist ALL week and worked out 4 days straight.  NOT only that...I did a twist out Sunday, ran my hair under some water Monday and had a "fresh 'do."   THEN I went running...sweated like crazy - did two miles in 37 minutes (my shortest time ever by the way!) and guess what....


Yep...that's me after my work out.  Now, granted my headphones are covering my hair and I took this picture with the front camera of my iPhone 4s (which sucks) - you can still see the definition. 

The only thing I had to worry about really was my scalp.  Wiith it being such a long time in between washes, my scalp was irritated.  Nevertheless...how better could it get.  I said to myself, "Anybody that can't ejoy the benefits of natural hair is truly missing out." 

This was almost the highlight of my day.  That, and the fact that I got my run/walk time down! :)

This is a picture a few hours later...



What did I do? NOTHING...I got in the shower and got out.  I didn't put anything on my hair; the only thing I did was shake it to loosen the cirls.  That is is!!! Can't help but enjoy the benefits of #naturalhair!!!

#KinkyCoilyCool

No comments:

Post a Comment