Saturday, April 13, 2013

UPDATES on MY hair!!! :)

Ok, now that I've given you the 411 on Pooh's hair...now for my hair.  I have mainly been wearing wash and go's.  I wore that for about 2 weeks straight and then ran across a video that transformed my wash and go's for good!!! It's considered to be a "modified" wash and go for 4a or tightly curled hair. 

I was soooooooooooooooooooooo excited about the results and they lasted for I believe about 5 days!  It was WONDERFUL!!! I think that I can show you better than tell you!  :)







This was Day 3...I mean that hair was ON POINT! :) LOVED IT!!!!
 
So what did I do that was so modified?
 
Wellllllllllllllllllll sure, I'll tell ya!  I did this style in the shower!
 
1. I finger - detangled with my Tressemme Naturals conditioner
2. When it was thoroughly detangled I applied a little conditioner (TN) as my leave in and sealed in with extra virgin olive oil
3. In sections of four, I applied the EcoStyler to each section; making sure to rake the product throughout my hair from root to tip.  I did this for each section.
4.  Out of the shower, I did not t-shirt dry my hair or anything, I simply shook my hair vigorously several of times to loosen the curls and rid of the excess water. 
 
The only downfall of this style was that because my hair was soaking wet, it took all day to dry.   I didn't mind; I'd never seen my curls so defined that I just shook, shook, shook and allowed it to dry on it's own. 
 
Here's the video of my excitement! LOL
 

 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
After this style I proceeded to do a regular deep condition and do a protective style until my 1 year BC anniversary.  It's been a week since I did my last DC.  This was the recipe:
 
 
And here is my mix:


 
I can say that since last week, my scalp has been less tender.  It seems to have done more for my scalp than entire hair.  Here is some information on the benefits of cucumbers! The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to promote hair growth.
 
Ok, so afterwards, I did a length check.  Here are the results!
 
Here is my April LC


 



I saw a little growth between the two but being that I haven't been really on the "protective styling" like I was suppose to, I really couldn't expect much.  It looks like I did get at least 1/2 an inch though so I won't complain about that!
 
I have tried a new product from the As I Am line and it's going to take another blog post for that one!  This last month has been a very LAZY month! I've been off the normal regimen so much I'm thinking about moving my regimen from every week to every two weeks.
 
Another reason is because I've started excercising 4-5 days out of the week.  I'm trying to create a new regimen that works around that as well.  For this past week, I've held my twist well without untwisting them because of my work out regimen.  So, this is all trial and error again!
 
THANKS for reading and catching up with me!!!
 
#KinkyCoilyCool

No comments:

Post a Comment