Monday, April 29, 2013

Mixtress in the Kitchen: Greek Yogurt :)

It's Friday night...and the mood is right!!!

Well...actually it was Sunday night and the mood was definitely not right.  I wasn't feeling  too well but I knew I needed to push myself and get in a deep conditioning treatment.  That's the thing about extending the wash day another week- no choice but to stay consistent. By the way - I think that it's offiial - my wash days will be every two weeks.  But that's another post.

As I was looking for a deep conditioner, I thought I would originally do the cucumber juice but I didn't feel like going through all of that.   Instead, I bought a single serving of yogurt and decided to do a protein treatment.



I'll say that first off, I literally had to laugh at myself.  I was mixing and eating the mixture at the same time. LOL Seriously.  I took the yogurt and mixed in some honey and a tad bit of ACV and I  took several spoonfuls.  LOL I couldn't help but to say, "Man my hair about to eat good."  LOL  Where did I get the idea from?  OH, just another hair crush - Whitney from YouTube channel Naptural85.  I'll post the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p2O33-d154&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I also wanted to try something else for my scalp and so I invested in another product.  As a recovering PJ (product junkie) I don't tend to buy a lot of products unless they are on sale.  Even though this was not on sale, I knew I wasn't going to feel like mixing this concotion so I just decided to buy it. :-\  The name of this product was Yes to Carrots Scalp Relief.




Step 1: You know the drill - a hot oil treatment
Step 2:  Shampoo with ACV mix
Step 3: Condition and detangle with the Yes to Carrots conditioner (click link for review http://werockinksncoils.blogspot.com/2013/04/yes-to-carrots-no-to-smell.html?m=1)
Step 4: Deep Condition
Step 5: Leave in Tressemme Naturals and seal with oil

When I finished, my hair was amazingly soft, very detangled, and very moisturized; it was so moisturized that it still felt like I had conditioner on it.  The mixture was very hard on my hair but rinsing it out I could instantly tell how soft it was.  I also re-applied just a little of the Yes to Carrots conditioner and detangled a bit more.

This was a very good deep conditioning session.  I have to remember to make the most out of it since I'm only doing it twice a month.  My scalp was irritated but that was more to do with the fact that I had been slipping on sleeping with my bonnet and not moisturizing my hair as well also. (I'm going to learn one day...!)

For the style, I decided to try a faux bun.  I needed to make sure that I had a style that would carry me at least a week.  I applied two more products - the Dark and Lovely souffle for tight kinks and coils and then the EcoStyler.

Now my hair apparently is very stubborn.  It took several hours to get it to lay down, especially on the side.  I ended up letting the scarf stay around my hair throughout styling the bun and I went to sleep with it tied.  I like it and I've received several compliments on how "cute" it is!  Let's see if I can make it a whole week though! :)

Until next time....#peace!

#KinkyCoilyCool





No comments:

Post a Comment