Monday, April 29, 2013

Yes to Carrots, No to the Smell!!! :-/

Hello, hello, hello!!!

In my quest to find something scalp relieving, I decided to try a new product.  I am usually very DIY but I wasn't feeling very well and didn't feel like mixing in the kitchen this weekend.  So, I sacrificed $7.99 and decided to give it a try.

Here is the product!!!




What I love about it:

**The tingly feeling on my scalp when I rinse it off!!! I think that this could be used as a great deep conditioner and I may try it next wash day.  
**The consistency of the product was nice and creamy...The "slip" wasn't just great (in comparison to my old faithful Tressemme Naturals) but it was not a bad slip.  If I had to rate between 1 and 5, 1 being horrible and 5 best, it would rate 4.5.
**The feel of my hair once it's rinsed off.  It was so clean it still literally felt like the conditioner was in there even though I rinsed it all out.  Very, very soft!!! I LOVED touching my hair; it really didn't even need the leave in conditioner so I only put in a tad.
**99% natural ingredients; With all the fakery of "natural" products on the market, you really can't beat that rate.  This was why I didn't mind speaking $8 bucks on it.
**I didn't have to use as much as I thought.  I ended up squirting a lot in my hands during the first use  because that's what I'm accustomed to with conditioning.  However, in the end, after I had applied the conditioner to my hair heavily, I still had too much on my hand.  I'll know next time to go easy!
**The awful smell doesn't linger in your hair!!  (More on that next!!)

What I didn't like about it:
**The GOD awful smell!!!!!! This was the ONLY negative regarding this product.  I mean, geeeeez it is horrible!!  I can't even begin to describe how it smells. LOL  No, seriously.  It was like maybe a mix of chemicals; like a relaxer.  But the product is made from 99% natural ingredients.   I guess that the best part about this smell is that it doesn't linger, as mentioned before.
**It's not necessarily "cost - effiecient" for me because I have to use more than a dime size amount.  Even though I don't have to use as much as I thought I had, I still have to use enough.  This product may last (with me washing 2x a month) a minimum of two months.  In the long run, I guess that's not too bad.  But we'll see.  I'm not sure if it's THAT good.  See, with my Shea Moisture products, they've lasted 3-4 months minimum, but most last longer than that.  But, two months isn't so bad I guess.  We shall see.

Would I recommend it? Yes indeed, but only if you can deal with the smell briefly!

Til' next time...

#peace

#KinkyCoilyCool

2 comments: