Monday, April 15, 2013

Somebody Call 911!!! Hair EMERGENCY!!!

Hey guys!!!!

We had our first natural hair emergency this weekend...right before church at that!!! However I learned a valuable lesson in products and hair typing.  Before Sunday, I never really had a product that just didn't take at all to all three of our hair.  But the Nubian Heritage butter that I used on Pooh's hair HATED KK's hair!!! Her hair was heavy and sticky and just gosh awful!!! The only thing I could think to do was wash it! 

In a rush to set her hair for bed, I just used it to "moisturize" it before bed.  BAD IDEA!!! If you haven't taken a peek at the updated blog for Pooh, here's a link about the product line.  It's awesome for Pooh's hair! 


But KK's hair? No way!  But...this is when being natural is AWESOME!! What did I do to fix this emergency? 
1. I used the ACV mix to cleanse her hair because of the heaviness of the product. 
2. I co-washed with Tressemme Naturals and left a little in as a leave in.  I sealed with extra virgin olive oil.  Since it was literally 30 minutes before church began, I didn't have enough time to really style it so I had no choice but to do a wash and go. 
3. I raked a little Eco-Styler through her hair for more curl definition. 
4. To try to speed up the process of the drying, I left the t-shirt on her hair while I showered and dressed (about 20 min).  It soaked up majority of the excess water and then I had her to "shake, shake, shake" her hair (which she LOVES doing, LOL). 

Being natural comes with A LOT of benefits and this is definitely one of them.  When a style goes wrong, all you have to do is add water.  Here's a picture of her hair after the water saved it!  You can notice the definition as well as the product that hasn't dried.

 
 And here are the divas all ready for church!


Until next time..

#KinkyCoilyCool

No comments:

Post a Comment