Saturday, April 13, 2013

UPDATES on Pooh's hair!!!! :)

WOW!!!! It's been a long time huh?  I can't remember the last time I blogged but I surely have missed it.  Everything has been in overload the last month and my weekends have been BOOKED!!! However, we're back and I thank you for taking a peep again to check out whats new!

I'm going to start with updates in products for Pooh.  About a week ago, I decided to try a new line called "Nubian Heritage."  If I'm not mistaken, it's by the same people that make Shea Moisture or either another very popular line, I'm not sure..hadn't researched that yet.  ANYHOW!!

I bought the conditioner, the butter, and just today bought the styling custard.  Here's a snapshot of the product line:

 
I absolutely loved the conditioner and the butter.  The first time I used it, it kept her hair moistured for a while.  I haven't actually washed her hair (the complete cycle) since March 29th.  I'm finding that now that the damaged ends are off, I can keep her hair moisturized more, therefore extending her wash cycle to every other week. 

To keep her hair moisturized throughout the week, I follow our usual regimen:
Spray bottle with water and conditioner mix and then seal with oil.

This is her on Easter: after the last wash cycle.

 

This is her on day 8 or 9 of this twist out!
 
And this is a picture a few days before that:
 

Needless to say, things are definitely going GREAT with her hair since the cut.  

This is a pic of the girls today rocking their hair
 
 
Of course, she wanted to wear her hair out as always.  Her dad now admits that we should have cut it a year ago!  So anyway...fast forward to today's wash cycle. 
 
I used extra virgin olive oil and water as a hot oil treatment - Step 1.
I used our usual ACV, conditioner, and water mix - Step 2.
I deep conditioned her hair with the NH EVOO conditioner - Step 3.
I used our usual Tressemme Naturals as a leave in conditioner - Step 4.
Of course, I sealed this moisture with extra virgin olive oil, which I consider part of step 4.
 
Styling:
I used the hair butter and the styling custard by Nubian Heritage.  It really seems perfect for her hair texture.  It's not too heavy but just right.  I think this will be a staple, especially if I can catch it on sale!  It leaves her hair super moisturized.  I don't expect to have to moisturize it for at least three days or so.  Here's a pic of the new style :) 
 
 
 
Thanks for catching up with me! Until next time...
 
Check the YouTube channel for the April length check and a video of me twisting her hair!  Looks like we retained at least an inch!!! WOOHOO!!!
 
#KinkyCoilyCool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment