Sunday, January 20, 2013

At LAST!!

Sooooo.

After completing both my girl's hair I finally got around to doing mine. Instead of yarn twist, I decided to do (unbeknownst to me) "kinky twist." All that I knew was that I was going to use marley hair. Didn't particularly know what I was going to do. After watching tons and tons of YouTube videos I decided to just do a set of twists with the hair.

As I started twisting them and looking at how they came out, I joyfully yelled (inside my head of course) "I'm doing my own kinky twist!!!l LOL!! That should give you an idea of how much I DIDN'T know how to do hair! Lol

And two bags of hair later (of which were not enough) I completely my twists and put them in a bun to hide the part not done.

I prepared my hair for the twist by:

1) "Shampooing" my hair with a mix of water, conditioner (Tressemme Naturals), and ACV (Bragg's organic).
2) Co-washing my hair with my Tressemme Naturals.
3) Deep Conditioning with coconut milk, Hello Hydrations Coconut Milk Soak, and Blue Agave. - I let it sit for 2 hours (only because I got busy doing work around the house; I only meant it for an hour).
4) T-shirt dried my hair after rinsing the mix out.
5) Applied a mix of extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil to my scalp and hair.
6) Applied my leave in conditioner (which was just a small amount of Tressemme naturals.
7) Finally, I applied my Shea Butter mix to seal in all that moisture.

That was pretty much it. Now the time lol...it took me a while, but I twisted for 5 hours straight before I stopped to cook, clean, fuss, etc. THEN I had company pop up...so that took some time away. Overall I am pleased!

I'll do another post specifically on maintaining moisture with both the kinky twist and yarn twist!

Til next time...thanks for reading!

#KinkyCoilyCool









No comments:

Post a Comment