Saturday, January 12, 2013

KK's Hair

KK is my baby girl, she is a toddler and her hair is very much in a virgin state. The most damage I did to her hair was with styling because they put damage on her edges and they thinned a little. They have grown back in good as well. Even her "cow licks" are growing in. (*silent praise* lol) She also had a short part in the back of her head (the part that usually breaks off when they are babies). But since taking out her last twist set, I noticed MAJOR growth! (More on that in a minute.)

KK has 4a hair but her ends are more 3c coils. The difficult thing about 3c hair with the styles is keeping the ends together. I've had to twist her hair in opposite direction of mine and Pooh's hair and that usually does the trick.

We have mastered the W&G's for her and I usually let her wear them for the holidays or weekends. I style her hair every Thursday. On the first and third Thursdays, I do protective styles and they last the entire week. On second and forth Thursdays, I do twist out or wash and go's. However, this week I am installing yarn twists in her hair so I'm doing it on a Saturday.

After her last twist set (I'll post a pic below) her hair thickened ALOT! Like I said, especially in the back and on the sides. I was a little doubtful about putting in yarn in her hair because she's just a toddler but since seeing the results, it will be a staple for our protective styles. Her hair really retained moisture; when I took the yarn down her hair was still soft from the curling soufflé. I will say that I would not however put other types of extensions in her hair.

If you've ever done a toddler's hair while they are awake, you probably can imagine how long this took me! Nevertheless, I'm done with hair styling for the next month!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment