Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our Regimen ending 2012

One thing I've learned in the last 8 months is to keep things SIMPLE!!!

Right now, this is the routine I am following. Although I am trying to keep up protective styles, in between those, this is what we all follow. I am also playing around with wash and go's (which trust I will explain later) and that's another ball game. But here are the basics!

(I usually do my oldest daughter's hair on Sundays, baby girl's hair on Thursdays, and mine on Fridays.)
My Regimen - All done on one day

1. Hot oil treatment (any oil will do) at least once a week:
Olive oil and castor oil mixed together and warmed in the microwave.
Put on scalp; let it sit for 15 min (I usually cover with a plastic cap for extra penetration)

*Purification mask (Shea Moisture) if necessary to get rid of product buildup.

2. CO-wash with Tressemme Naturals
Rub scalp first, then condition down to the ends. Finger detangle hair. (You can use a wide tooth comb also, I just don't.)
If necessary I will use a spray bottle mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar to cleanse scalp during this step too.)

3. Deep Condition (once a week)
--Moisture: Tressemme Naturals mixed with oils and leave on for 30 min; rinse out
--Protein: mayo, egg, & honey mix; leave in for 30 min; rinse
**protein treatments only about twice a month**

4. Rinse conditioner then LOC METHOD
Liquid- Tressemme Naturals conditioner
Oil- doesn't matter which
Cream/Butter- Shea Butter Mix

*I do not comb through our hair because it will ruin the curl definition and make it fuzzy. I usually let it air dry if doing a wash and go OR go ahead and style.
*If I'm setting a style I apply the EcoStyler or Shea Moisture Curl Soufflé AFTER the LOC method.


~~Daily moisturize as necessary with spray bottle mix:
Water 3/4
Leave in conditioner 1/4
Olive oil
Then coat with Shea butter mix (I make this myself.)

Moisturize scalp with spray bottle mix and then coconut oil.
**It is good to follow this with a scalp massage; it will increase circulation to your scalp and is good for promoting hair growth.**



No comments:

Post a Comment