Monday, January 7, 2013

Curls Gone Bad :-/

Well, technically my curls didn't "go" bad. They actually were VERY defined which I happened to like. What I DIDN'T like however was the spongy texture, the greasy feel, and the wet Jheri curl look I had going today.


I decided to do a last minute new style, the shingled wash and go. To accomplish this, all i did after my wash was apply the curling soufflé to small sections at a time, starting at the back and working my way up. To make sure my curl pattern was more defined, I applied more water to each section and then applied the Shea Moisture's Curl Soufflé. Now I have used the same product on Pooh's hair and KK's hair with great results. I don't think I'm going to throw it out just yet BUT I did also try the EcoStyler on a few curls as well. I also played around and mixed them together. Although it didn't leave my hair crunchy, it did leave it a little harder than what I like.

So, what do I do now? Since there is so much product left in my hair, I will do a rinse to loosen the curls and rid of excess product. *crosses fingers*. In this, I hope to have the definition of curls without the wet dog, glistening hair from Twilight look. Well their hair didn't glisten, but you get my point!

The joys of trial and error eh... :-/

On a good note--- I'm happy to see I can rock my kinky coils! I was über excited to see them so defined! My hair is still in a process of transition so this is a victory for me!

Pictures 1 & 2- morning
Pictures 3 & 4- afternoon







No comments:

Post a Comment