Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Healing My Scalp Week 2

Nights 1 and 2 - January 27-28
Ok...I have to say that I have STILL not washed my hair. I've been loaded with work but hopefully I can get to it tonight.
I've been doing the same applications of ACV spray, Shea butter mix, and oil. No Monistat mix. No coconut oil either. Yes, laziness mixed with tiredness. But definitely for night 3 I will wash. I feel like I have product build up and the middle of my scalp is irritated a bit and I know I need a good cleansing.
So tonight - night 3- has to be the night!

The pics may not tell the actual damage because I didn't take a picture of my scalp when it was scaly and ugly looking.  Nevertheless here it is.

Night 3 - January 29
OMG so this Shea Moisture African Black Soap completely made love to my scalp last night! It was extremely soft and overall simply wonderful. My scalp was less irritated.
I also did an hour DC with garlic, olive oil, and Tressemme naturals. Do I notice a difference? Less tenderness. About 95% less. After "shampooing" with the soap, I used my conditioner and left it in while I showered. Afterwards I applied my coconut oil to scalp, and a little Tressemme conditioner. That was it. Itching? Like 3 times I've scratched my scalp. And it wasn't even in the areas that were usually irritated.

I will more than likely juicing a garlic clove and mixing it with oil and applying it to my scalp to see if that will completely clear it up. I'll do a little more research on garlic juice first. On that note...that's it for night 3! I included a picture of my scalp almost 24 hours after the wash. Unfortunately...they really do no justice.

Night 4- January 30
I actually didn't put ANYTHING on my scalp or hair this night. I took a nap, woke up to the work and slept on and off. So of course the last thing I thought about was my hair. The morning, Jan 31, I sprayed my scalp and hair with the leave in conditioner mix and then sealed with coconut oil. I didn't have time to double seal with the Shea butter mix. To protect the area a little better I did place a bun over it and left the back hanging.
The condition of my usually irritated scalp is not to irritated nor is it tender and scarred. I don't even feel the scab.

Now as a science person, the thing that I don't like is not knowing what has actually caused my scalp to heal better...the African black soap or the garlic or the tea tree oil. One thing I do know is that one or all of them work and probably are more effective when combined.

Night 5 Jan 31- Night 7 February 2
No news is good news where I'm from. I've deviated a little from what I started out with. Reason being because my scalp isn't tender and bruised. I can say its healed but not 100%. There are a few places (bumps) but its mainly underneath the twist. What I've been doing the last few days is simply keeping it moisturizer.
My spray bottle has water and conditioner and then I apply the coconut oil on my scalp. The coconut oil has tea tree oil in it. Yesterday, I used the curling soufflé for an added shine. I'm plan to wash again this Thursday and DC with garlic juice mixed in the conditioner. I'm also drinking lemon water because I want to cleanse from the inside as well. This journey may just about be over with! And that's it for week 2!! W



 



No comments:

Post a Comment