Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bedtime Routine

Wellll!!!!

It's bedtime. Baths are taken, teeth are brushed, and then Pooh goes: "I want to show them how I do my hair for bed."

As shocked as I was, I didn't object. So we made a video...background noise and all. Now, while I'm not sure whether I'm going to POST the video, I did think it was a good idea to share with the blog.

Two simple steps.

1. Spritz hair lightly with spray bottle. (Remember the spray bottle with water, conditioner, and oil.). Be sure to distribute to ends.

2. Place a satin bonnet over head.

That's it. Unless we're wearing protective styles in which case I add in a stocking and cover the hair to combat any frizz. And THEN place the bonnet over hair.

Now this may seem like an unnecessary step but its an important part of our kinks and coils for two main reasons:
a: Prevent the hair from drying out due to over exposure to the cotton that's in the pillow case
b: Prevent breakage from occurring due to dryness which comes from over exposure to the cotton pillow case

It may seem unimportant but again, this small simple step maintains moisture and happy hair. Again. Natural hair NEEDS moisture...so we want to minimize dryness as MUCH as possible. You can also just use a satin pillow case or satin scarf. Either way, our hair needs to be protected against the cotton!!! :)

**I decided that I would post the video we made.  Check it out on the channel...nothing special just a regular home video!**
www.youtube.com/weROCkinksNcoils


No comments:

Post a Comment