Monday, January 21, 2013

Healing Journey (Documentation) (Week 1)

If you read the previous blog, I talked about my plan to restore my scalp to a healthier state. Well this blog is to document the progress so this it will be updated continually. (If you haven't read the previous blog "Setback Drama" PLEASE DO!!)

January 20th -Night 1: I started with the routine at night and within less than 12 hours (Jan 21 - 10am) my scalp is not been itching or bothering me. I slept with a wrap on of course which helped to keep my hair from drying out and breaking as it rubbed against the pillows. Even though I have my hair in a protective style, I still believe in wearing bonnets and scarves at night. Even if I don't necessarily need it, it will keep me in good habit. I'm almost positive if I keep this routine up my scalp will heal in no time.

January 21 - Night 2: I sprayed my scalp ACV, applied coconut oil, and then Shea butter mix. My scalp is still feeling good. Not a lot of itching, although a little here and there. I applied this also for the morning of 1/22/13. It's not sore to touch so I'm quite positive this is working.

January 22 - Night 3 I decided to use something that I tried in December which worked perfectly and seems like its working again. A few months back, I made a mixture of Monistat 7 and oils. Many women have used it and supposedly related it to hair growth. I wasn't much worried about the hair growth as I was the cleansing my scalp of possible fungi. So anyway...as a last resort in December, I used it and my itching stopped completely. So I used it again after applying everything else and my scalp felt much better in less than 5 minutes. I have not applied anything else and probably won't until tonight - Night 4.

Nights 4-5 January 23-24
These last two nights were pretty much the same. It seems like the damaged skin is repairing itself. The texture is different. It doesn't itch and there are only a few spots that are tender. Also one spot will itch a little. It's right in the center. I'm still applying the same things. I'm wondering how long should I give it. I haven't placed anything on my scalp since the night application and overall it feels "normal."

Nights 6-7 January 25-26 (Friday & Saturday)
Friday night I continued the same routine.  Saturday morning my scalp was itching though.  However, Saturday night I placed tea tree oil in my coconut and applied that to my scalp.  Instantly, I could feel a tingle on my scalp.  I didn't layer with Shea butter mix, really out of pure laziness.  But I did take a look at my scalp as I prepared for night 8.  I will post pictures but I wish I would have taken pictures last week.  My scalp is starting to scab in areas that were once red and looks really clear.  I also added tea tree oil and rosemary oil to my ACV. I wouldn't say it's completely healed because some areas are still tender but I will say that it looks WAY better than last week.  I saw a little pink in a few areas but no red and raw looking skin.  Last week my scalp looked horrible and that's probably the reason that I didn't take any pictures. :-/  I did not place the Monistat cream on my scalp either night.

What I plan on doing this week is shampooing with Shea Moisture African Black Soap.  I'm going to DC and add garlic juice (I have a juicer and I'm going to juice the garlic and mix it in my DC).  "DC" = deep condition.  I also went and bought some aloe vera juice which I will include in my conditioner.  I will probably do a separate post on the benefits of each of these.  My sister in law has been using garlic in her DC's and it has stopped her shedding, thickened her thin spots, and even cleared her scalp!  Her scalp was red in a lot of areas and when I did her hair a month later, her scalp looked like it was 90% back to a healthy scalp.  So I'll definitely be trying and updating you on that.  So, week 1 has come to a close.  Moving into week two..I am going to begin a separate post.  And that post will include the pictures of my scalp before I use the African Black soap and aloe vera juice in my regimen.

So far...so good.  I'm impressed!!!

#werockinksncoils

No comments:

Post a Comment